Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Launch of Dublins Creative Quarter

I've just seen the announcement of the launch of Dublin's Creative Quarter...sounds exciting right?
It is the promotion of the area of South Great Georges St and South William St as a creative hub and they are kick starting the initiative with some events over the St Patrick's Day weekend.
Read the official press release here and details of the St Patricks day events here

It all sounds very positive, I'd especially love to see Georges St Arcade become fully occupied again, oohhh id love to have my own little spot there, each time I've walked through there recently there seems to be another empty space a sign of the times of course. I hope this initiative gives the place a real boost and why not there are loads of great spots in that area old and new, Designist, Project 51, Article, The Loft and This is Knit in the Powerscourt Townhouse, Murphy Sheehy Fabrics...the list goes on, identifying the area as a Creative Hub makes total sense and I hope it attracts even more exciting places in the near future.
Georges St Arcade

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that last time I was home that there are lots of empty units in Georges Arcade, very sad to see.
    I love Ohm Diva and Retro and the photography guy at the front

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you :-)