Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stephanie Levy's Creative Courage

At the end of last year I took part in Stephanie Levy’s Creative Courage course. Now I have to admit that I didn’t have as much time as I would have liked to dedicate to the course but I still really enjoyed it. The first thing to say about this course is that it is set in an extremely friendly and open atmosphere. Stephanie comes across as a very genuine, caring person who really wants to help others to realize their potential. To me the main objective of the course seemed to be getting your mind and your body into a good space so that your creative ideas can flow and you are then physically capable of transforming them into something tangible. It is not a ‘how to’ type course. For this reason I think the course is particularly suited to people with a creative business who have maybe become a bit stuck and dragged down into the ‘business’ of business and have lost the enjoyment or inspiration in their craft. For those of us like myself who are hobby crafters and/or have ambitions to turn their hobby into something more then there is definitely still merit in taking the course and I can certainly recommend it.

What I have learned over the past few months which relates to the message from Stephanie's course is that the best thing you can do is ‘something’ just do it, do something, take some sort of action, they say actions speak louder than words well actions speak louder than that voice inside your head too, so if you are overwhelmed with thoughts and ideas the best thing to do is to pick one of them and physically do something, balance out your thoughts with some actions… make a start…

Thank you to Stephanie, I wish her continued success.

Making a start, creative courage, stephanie levy, buzz and lola, hilary glynn, craft

4 comments:

  1. Lovely description of Creative Courage Hilary. Nice to have met you and so many other lovely, kind, creative people. Happy to join your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzi, lovely to meet you too, its amazing to be able to connect with people from literally the other side of the world!! Thanks also for your other comment on the blanket which I'm afraid I accidentally deleted :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much! I appreciate your kind post Hilary!! Hugs from Berlin and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the course!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome Stephanie, the course had a great influence on me, thank you :-)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you :-)